Dear Villa Heights Family:
The Joplin City Council met last Monday and removed more of the COVID-19 restrictions. One of items was to allow churches to open for Sunday worship with 50% capacity instead of 25% capacity with some remaining restrictions. This will allow us to have one service (at 10:30am) instead of the current two services we have been having. In order to remain in compliance with the current restrictions, the following will be in place starting June 7th:
1. If you are sick, stay home.
2. If you have a serious chronic illness (heart disease, diabetes, flu, cold etc.), please stay home.
3. Some rows will be closed to ensure social distancing rules, and we ask that you sit in the rows with this in mind.
4. The coffee bar will be closed.
5. There will be no Sunday school, nursery, or Jr. Worship.
6. We will not have the meet and greet time.
7. The sanctuary and bathrooms will be sanitized prior to the service.
8. Communion will be served at the end of the service and will be placed on the altar in front of the sanctuary and on both sides. There will be two cups together, bottom cup has the bread and top juice. Please carefully take your communion and once taken place in the waste basket beside the table. Please place your tithes and offerings in the basket on the table. When you are finished exit the sanctuary and leave the church to go home.
9. There will be no Wednesday night Prayer meeting, youth groups, or in-home Bible studies.
10. Steve’s sermon will be recorded and will be available on the Villa Heights web site (https://www.villaheights.net/).
As always, if you have a personal or family need, please contact your elder, Steve, or myself. We will be there for you during this difficult time. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me at 417-317-4587.
Elder and Chairman of the leadership board